National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars
Subject: Organic Chemistry
Address:Institute of Elemento-Organic Chemistry Nankai University 94 Wenjin Road, Tianjin 300071
The main emphasis of my research is the discovery and development of new catalytic synthetic methods with particular interest in asymmetric reactions, the asymmetric total synthesis of various biologically active natural products and structural analogues, as well as the design and synthesis of new highly efficient chiral ligands and catalysts for asymmetric reactions.
2007-2008 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Maryland, USA, (with Prof. Micheal P. Doyle)
2000-2003 Ph.D. (Chemistry), Nankai University, (with Prof. Qi-Lin Zhou)
1994-1997 M.Sc. (Chemistry), Nankai University, (with Prof. Tian-Lin Liu)
1990-1992 B.Sc. (Chemistry), Sichuan Teachers College
Honors and Awards:
2013 Award for Outstanding Young Scientists (National Natural Science Foundation of China)
2012 Thieme Chemistry Journals Award
2008 New Century Excellent Talents Project (Ministry of Education, China)
2007 Tianjin Natural Science Award (The First-Rank)
1. Xiao-Dong Zuo, Shu-Min Guo, Rui Yang, Jian-Hua Xie*, Qi-Lin Zhou, Asymmetric Total Synthesis of Gracilamine and Determination of Its Absolute Configuration, Org. Lett. 2017, 19, 5240-5243.
2. Yun-Ting Liu, Lin-Ping Li, Jian-Hua Xie*, Qi-Lin Zhou, Divergent Asymmetric Total Synthesis of Mulinane Diterpenoids, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017 56, 12708-12711.
3. Xiao-Dong Zuo, Shu-Min Guo, Rui Yang, Jian-Hua Xie*, Qi-Lin Zhou*, Bioinspired Enantioselective Synthesis of Crinine-type Alkaloids via Iridium-Catalyzed Asymmetric Hydrogenation of Enones, Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 6202-6206.
4. Yang Liu, Li-Jie Cheng, Hai-Tao Yue, Wen Che, Jian-Hua Xie*, Qi-Lin Zhou. Divergent Enantioselective Synthesis of Hapalindole-type Alkaloids Using Aatalytic Asymmetric Hydrogenation of a Ketone to Construct the Chiral Core Structure, Chem. Sci. 2016, 7, 4725-4729.
5. Han Lin, Li-Jun Xiao, Min-Jie Zhou, Hong-Ming Yu, Jian-Hua Xie*, Qi-Lin Zhou*. Enantioselective Approach to (?)-Hamigeran B and (?)-4-Bromohamigeran B via Catalytic Asymmetric Hydrogenation of Racemic Ketone To Assemble the Chiral Core Framework, Org. Lett. 2016, 18, 1434-1437.
6. Deng-Hui Bao, Hui-Ling Wu, Chao-Lun Liu, Jian-Hua Xie*, Qi-Lin Zhou*, Development of Chiral Spiro P-N-S Ligands for Iridium-Catalyzed Asymmetric Hydrogenation of β-Alkyl-β-Ketoesters, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 8791-8794.
7. Xiao-Hui Yang, Ke Wang, Shou-Fei Zhu, Jian-Hua Xie*, Qi-Lin Zhou*. Remote Ester Group Leads to Efficient Kinetic Resolution of Racemic Aliphatic Alcohols via Asymmetric Hydrogenation, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 17426–17429.
8. Xiao-Hui Yang, Jian-Hua Xie*, Wei-Peng Liu, Qi-Lin Zhou*, Catalytic Asymmetric Hydrogenation of δ-Ketoesters: Highly Efficient Approach to Chiral 1,5-Diols, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 7833?7836.
9. Chong Liu, Jian-Hua Xie*, Ya-Li Li, Ji-Qiang Chen, Qi-Lin Zhou*, Asymmetric Hydrogenation of α,α'-Disubstituted Cycloketones via Dynamic Kinetic Resolution: An Efficient Construction of Chiral Diols with Three Contiguous Stereocenters, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 593–596.
10. Ji-Qiang Chen, Jian-Hua Xie*, Deng-Hui Bao, Sheng Liu, Qi-Lin Zhou*, Total Synthesis of (?)-Galanthamine and (?)-Lycoramine via Catalytic Asymmetric Hydrogenation and Intramolecular Reductive Heck Cyclization, Org. Lett., 2012, 14, 2714-2717.