Cheung Kong Scholar Distinguished Professor, Winner of The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars
Subject: Analytical Chemistry
Address:94 Weijin Road, Tianjin 300071, China
Environmental Analytical Chemistry;
1990-1993: Ph.D. in Environmental Analytical Chemistry under the supervision of Prof. Zhe-Ming Ni, Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Academia Sinica, China.
1985-1987: M.S. in Analytical Chemistry under the supervision of Prof. Tie-Zheng Lin, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Academia Sinica, China.
1978-1981: Chemical Education, Department of Chemistry, Taizhou University, China.
2006-present: Cheung Kong Scholar Distinguished Professor, College of Chemistry, Nankai University, China.
2000-2005: Professor, College of Chemistry, Nankai University, China.
1997-1999: Postdoctoral Fellow in collaboration with Prof. Rob Kerrich, Department of Geological Sciences, University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
1996-1997: Postdoctoral Fellow in collaboration with Prof. Freddy Adams, Micro- and Trace Analysis Center, University of Antwerp (UIA), Belgium.
1994-1996: Postdoctoral Fellow in collaboration with Dr. Bernhard Welz, Department of Applied Research, Bodenseewerk Perkin-Elmer, Germany.
1993-1994: Postdoctoral Fellow in collaboration with Prof. Yi-Liang Sun, Department of Chemistry, Peking University, China.
1987-1990: Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, Taizhou University, China.
Honors and Awards:
Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (2015, FRSC)
The First Award of the National Natural Science of the Ministry of Education of China (2013).
The First Award of the Natural Science of Tianjin (2007)
The First Award of CAIA (2003, 2004, 2006, 2008)
Shu-Quan Liang Prize for Fundamental Research in Analytical Chemistry (Chinese Chemical Society, 2006)
Cheung Kong Scholar Distinguished Professor (Ministry of Education of China, 2006)
The Second Award of the National Natural Science of China (2003)
Winner of National Outstanding Youth Science Fund (2000)
Prof. Yan is the authors and co-authors of 19 Chinese patents and 210 publications with 7400 SCI citations and H-index of 51.
(1) Abdukayum, A.; Chen, J.-T.; Zhao, Q.; Yan, X.-P.*: Functional Near Infrared-Emitting Cr3+/Pr3+ Co-doped Zinc Gallogermanate Persistent Luminescent Nanoparticles with SuperLong Afterglow for in Vivo Targeted Bioimaging. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2013, 135 (38), 14125–14133.
(2) Wu, P.; Yan, X.-P.*: Doped Quantum Dots for Chemo/Biosensing and Bioimaging. Chemical Society Reviews, 2013, 42(12), 5489-5521.
(3) Gu, Z.-Y.; Yang, C.-X.; Chang, N.; Yan, X.-P.*: Metal-Organic Frameworks for Analytical Chemistry: From Sample Collection to Chromatographic Separation. Accounts of Chemical Research, 2012, 45(5): 734–745..
(4) Wu, P.; Mao, L.-N.; Wang, H.-F.; Shao, X.-G.; Yan, X.-P.*: A Multidimensional Sensing Device for the Discrimination of Proteins Based on Manganese-Doped ZnS Quantum Dots. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2011, 50(35): 8118-8121.
(5) Wu, B.-Y.; Wang, H.-F.; Chen, J.-T.; Yan, X.-P.*: Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer Inhibition Assay for α-Fetoprotein Excreted during Cancer Cell Growth Using Functionalized Persistent Luminescence Nanoparticles. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2011, 133 (4): 686-688.
(6) Gu, Z.-Y.; Yan, X.-P.*: Metal-Organic Framework MIL-101 for High-Resolution Gas-Chromatographic Separation of Xylene Isomers and Ethylbenzene. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2010, 49(8): 1477-1481.
(7) Chang, N.; Gu, Z.-Y.; Yan, X.-P.*: Zeolitic Imidazolate Framework-8 Nanocrystals Coated Capillary for Molecular Sieving of Linear Alkanes from Branched Alkanes along with High-Resolution Chromatographic Separation of Linear Alkanes. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2010, 132(39): 13645-13647.
(8) Cui, X.-Y.; Gu, Z.-Y.; Jiang, D.-Q.; Li, Y.; Wang, H.-F.; Yan, X.-P.*: In Situ Hydrothermal Growth of Metal-Organic Framework MOF-199 Films on Stainless Steel Fiber for Solid-Phase Microextraction of Gaseous Benzene Homologues. Analytical Chemistry, 2009, 81(23): 9771-9777.
(9) Wang, H.-F.; Zhu, Y.-Z.; Yan, X.-P.*; Gao, R.-Y.; Zheng, J.-Y.: A Room Temperature Ionic Liquid Mediated Non-hydrolytic Sol-Gel Methodology to Prepare Molecularly Imprinted Silica-Based Hybrid Monoliths for Chiral Separation. Advanced Materials, 2006, 18(24): 3266-3270.
(10) Li, Y.; Yan, X.-P.*; Jiang, Y.: Interfacing Capillary Electrophoresis and Electrothermal Atomic Absorption Spectrometry to Study Metal Speciation and Metal-Biomolecule Interactions. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2005, 44(39): 6387-6391.