National Science Fund for Excellent Young Scholar, Youth Changjiang Scholar
Subject: Inorganic Chemistry, Materials Chemistry
Address:A701 Lianhe Building, Nankai University, #94 Weijin Road, Tianjin 300071
Nano Chemistry, Energy Materials Chemistry, Advanced Batteries
2003 Nankai University, B.S.
2009 Nankai University, Ph.D.
2009-2011 Nankai University, Lecturer
2011-2016 Nankai University, Associate Professor
2015-2016 University of California, Los Angeles, Visiting Scholar
2016-now Nankai University, Professor
Honors and Awards:
2011 National Natural Science Award (2nd Class, Co-winner)
2013 National Science Fund for Excellent Young Scholar
2013 New Century Excellent Talents Project (Ministry of Education)
2015 Tianjin Top-notch Young Talent
2015 Ministry of Education, Youth Changjiang Scholar
2016 Tianjin Natural Science Award (1st Class, co-winner)
Dr. Cheng has co-authored more than 100 peer-reviewed journal papers with >10300 citations (H index 53). He was identified as highly cited Chinese researchers by Elsevier.
(1) Ning Zhang, Fangyi Cheng*, Junxiang Liu, Liubin Wang, Xinghui Long, Xiaosong Liu, Jun Chen*.
Rechargeable aqueous zinc-manganese dioxide batteries with high energy and power densities.
Nature Commun. 2017, 8, 405.
(2) Ning Zhang, Fangyi Cheng*, Yongchang Liu, Qing Zhao, Kaixiang Lei, Chengcheng Chen, Xiaosong Liu, Jun Chen.
Cation-deficient spinel ZnMn2O4 cathode in Zn(CF3SO3)2 electrolyte for rechargeable aqueous Zn-ion battery.
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 12894.
(3) Chun Li, Xiaopeng Han, Fangyi Cheng*, Yuxiang Hu, Chengcheng Chen, Jun Chen*.
Phase and composition controllable synthesis of cobalt manganese spinel nanoparticles towards efficient oxygen electrocatalysis.
Nature Commun. 2015, 6, 7345.
(4) Yuxiang Hu, Tianran Zhang, Fangyi Cheng*, Qing Zhao, Xiaopeng Han, Jun Chen*.
Recycling application of Li-MnO2 batteries as rechargeable lithium-air batteries.
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 4338.
(5) Xiaofei Hu, Fangyi Cheng*, Xiaopeng Han, Tianran Zhang, Jun Chen.
Oxygen bubble-templated hierarchical porous ε-MnO2 as a superior catalyst for rechargeable Li-O2 batteries.
Small 2015, 11, 809.
(6) Xiaopeng Han, Fangyi Cheng*, Tianran Zhang, Jingang Yang, Yuxiang Hu, Jun Chen*. Hydrogenated uniform Pt clusters supported on porous CaMnO3 as a bifunctional electrocatalyst for enhanced oxygen reduction and evolution.
Adv. Mater. 2014, 13, 2047.
(7) Fangyi Cheng*, Tianran Zhang, Yi Zhang, Jing Du, Xiaopeng Han, Jun Chen*. Enhancing electrocatalytic oxygen reduction on MnO2 with vacancies.
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 2474.
(8) Xiaopeng Han, Tianran Zhang, Jing Du, Fangyi Cheng*, Jun Chen*.
Porous calcium-manganese oxide microspheres for electrocatalytic oxygen reduction with high activity.
Chem. Sci. 2013, 4, 368.
(9) Fangyi Cheng, Jun Chen*.
Metal-air batteries: from oxygen reduction electrochemistry to cathode catalysts.
Chem. Soc. Rev. 2012, 41, 2172.
(10) Fangyi Cheng*, Jun Chen*.
Lithium-air batteries: something from nothing.
Nature Chem. 2012, 4, 962.
(11) Fangyi Cheng, Jing Liang, Zhanliang Tao, Jun Chen*.
Functional materials for rechargeable batteries.
Adv. Mater. 2011, 23, 1695.
(12) Fangyi Cheng, Jian Shen, Bo Peng, Yuede Pan, Zhanliang Tao, Jun Chen*.
Rapid room-temperature synthesis of nanocrystalline spinels as oxygen reduction and evolution electrocatalysts.
Nature Chem. 2011, 3, 79.
(13) Fangyi Cheng, Hongbo Wang, Zhiqiang Zhu, Yan Wang, Tianran Zhang, Zhanliang Tao, Jun Chen*.
Porous LiMn2O4 nanorods with durable high-rate capability for rechargeable Li-ion batteries.
Energy Environ. Sci. 2011, 4, 3668.