Thousand Young Talents
Subject: Chemical Biology
Address:Lihua building, Nankai University, Weijin Road #94, Tianjin, 300071, China
2014 Jul. -, Assistant Professor of Chemical Biology, Nankai University.
2010 Oct.-2014 Jun., Postdoctoral Fellow, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD.
Advisor: Professor Marc M. Greenberg
2004 Oct.- 2010 Sept., Ph.D. in Bioorganic Chemistry, Uppsala University, Sweden.
Thesis Advisor: Professor Jyoti Chattopadhyaya
2001-2004, M. S. in Organic Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, China.
Advisor: Professor Zhen Xi
1997-2001, B.S. in Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, China.
Honors and Awards:
2009 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Studying Abroad.
2015 Thousand Young Talents
1.Li, F. C.; Zhang, Y. Q.; Bai, J.; Greenberg, M. M.; Xi, Z.; Zhou, C. Z.* 5-Formylcytosine Yields DNA-Protein Crosslinks in Nucleosome Core Particles. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 10617-10620. [Featured in JACS Spotlights: J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 11629]
2.Zhang, Y. Q.; Zhou, X. P.; Xie, Y. H.; Greenberg, M. M.; Xi, Z. and Zhou, C. Z.* Thiol Specific and Tracelessly Removable Bioconjugation via MichaelAddition to 5?Methylene Pyrrolones. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 6146?6151. [Recommended by F1000]
3. Zhou, C. and Greenberg, M. M. “DNA Damage by Histone Radicals in Nucleosome Core Particles” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 6562-6565.
4. Zhou, C., Sczepanski, J. T. and Greenberg, M. M. “Histone modification vis rapid cleavage of C4’-oxidized abasic sites in nucleosome core particles” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 5274-5277. [Featured in JACS Spotlights: J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 5933]
5. Zhou, C, Sczepanski, J. T. and Greenberg, M. M. “Mechanistic studies on histone catalyzed cleavage of apyrimidinic/apurinic sites in nucleosome core particles” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 16734-16741.
6. Zhou, C and Greenberg, M. M. “Histone catalyzed cleavage of nucleosomal DNA containing 2-deoxyrionolactone” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 8090?8093. [Featured in JACS Spotlights: J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 9021]
7. Zhou, C. and Chattopadhyaya, J. “Intramolecular Free-Radical Cyclization Reactions on Pentose-Sugars for Synthesis of carba-LNA and carba-ENA and the Application of Their Modified Oligonucleotides as Potential RNA Targeted Therapeutics” Chem. Rev. 2012, 112, 3808-3832.